|WeldLock is a safe and reliable method of hydraulically pre-setting tubes into tubesheets prior to welding the tubes to the tube sheets.|
The WeldLock System is a safe and reliable method of hydraulically pre-setting tubes into tubesheets prior welding tubes to the tubesheet.
The WeldLock does not create a hydraulically tight joint. The WeldLock tooling is designed to set tubes in place before welding, allowing welding-generated gases to escape. It can be utilized before either orbital welding or manual welding procedures.
The WeldLock System is easy to use, and the unique design requires no physical force by the operator. The result is a tool which requires minimal training to operate effectively and safely.
- Tubes can be consistently set (recessed, flush or protruding)
- Centers and locks the tube in the tube hole
- Leaves small gaps between the tube and tube sheet for weld gases to escape
- Approximately five seconds per tube expansion time
- Zero operator strain: all reaction force is absorbed by the tool
- No wall thinning
- Easily accommodates any standard tube diameter from 3/8" to 3"
System Components^ top
The WeldLock system consists of: an air driven power supply unit, a pull cylinder unit with umbilical hose assembly, and the mandrel assembly for the tube size being expanded.
|The power supply is a self-contained, air operated, closed-loop hydraulic system capable of generating regulated pressures up to 3,000 psi. This pressure is produced by a high-capacity pump unit housed in a portable, lightweight steel frame.|
Gun (Pull Cylinder)
|The gun (pull cylinder) consists of an aluminum, cylindrical high-pressure body and associated high-pressure hose. It is hydraulically driven, with a single acting piston and air return mechanism. The gun is controlled by a recessed button located on the gun handle. The drawbar assembly (see next paragraph), is inserted into the piston assembly.|
Drawbar (Mandrel) Assembly
The drawbar/anvil expansion assembly is made up of an all metal expanding segment assembly. When actuated, the assembly sets the tube protrusion, centers and locks the tube in the hole, leaving small air gaps that allow an escape path for weld gases during the fabrication process.
Drawbar Assemblies are available in a variety of configurations to accommodate variable width expansion zones from tubesheet to tubesheet. Tube position (protrusion, flush, recessed) is determined by the configuration of the reaction collar.
The Expansion Process^ top
- The trigger on the gun is pressed, actuating the power supply
- The piston retracts, expanding the drawbar assembly inside the tube and tubesheet
- After the desired degree of expansion is achieved (as controlled by the regulated pressure of the power supply), expansion ceases